Forum Trends: Access By Device (Desktop, Mobile, Tablet) From 2012-2014

Thousands of users visit our forums every day. Incredibly, about half our traffic is users on a mobile phone or tablet device. The increasing popularity of mobile devices and tablets cannot be denied.

In just a few short years, traffic to our forums has shifted dramatically from primarily desktop visitors to a split between desktop and mobile users with a small slice of tablet users.

In 2012, 74% of our traffic was from desktop users and the remaining 26% of traffic was made up of mobile phones and tablets. Today, in 2014, only 48% of our traffic is from desktop users, and mobile phone users represent an astonishing 45% of our traffic. The remaining 7% of traffic is from tablets.

Tablet usage has not changed much. In 2012, 4% of our visitors visited on a tablet. Today, that number has increased to about 7%. Over the next few years, we expect to see an increase in tablet usage as these devices become cheaper and more prevalent. Our development team is planning accordingly.

The table below shows the how the landscape has changed over the last three years:


Forum visitors: Desktop, Mobile, Tablet

6 Responses to Forum Trends: Access By Device (Desktop, Mobile, Tablet) From 2012-2014

  1. Pingback: Only 48% of our traffic is from desktop users | Atlanta Tech Blogs

  2. Pingback: The 4 Types of Banner Ads Your Forum Needs | Ninja Post | Hosted Forum Software

  3. Pingback: Three Options For Mobile Forum Software | Ninja Post | Hosted Forum Software

  4. Pingback: Three Options For Mobile Forum Software • Atlanta Tech Blogs

  5. Pingback: 5 Steps To Revive A Dead Forum | Ninja Post | Hosted Forum Software

  6. Pingback: 5 Steps To Revive A Dead Forum

Add Comment Register



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>