It can be a pain to write a forum newsletter each month but a regular newsletter is absolutely critical to keeping users engaged in the community and abreast of the latest and greatest news from your forum. We help site owners automate this process, one of the many ways we strive to help site owners reap the benefits of a vibrant forum community without stress or aggravation or extra work. We use the following structure to keep the newsletter intriguing, concise, and full of user contributions.
- Intriguing subject. Make the subject of your email interesting and relevant. The most popular thread from the last month will work great. Something generic, like ‘Your Forum Name’s Newsletter’ is not as compelling.
- Greeting. Greet users with their nickname – yes, your users should have a nick name!
- News/Announcements. Optional – only if you have something important to say. If you’re running a contest it might be a good idea to tease the contest in this section so that users keep reading.
- Thank you to sponsors. A great way to increase revenue is to offer advertisers a sponsor slot on your newsletter.
- Popular content. Five popular thread titles, snippets, and direct links could work here.
- Monthly contest(s). Optional
- Feedback.As for feedback/suggestions from users.
- Option to unsubscribe. Respect the user; allow him or her to unsubscribe effortlessly.