Single Sign-On (SSO) For Your Forum
Many site owners want to integrate user accounts on their main site with their forum so users don't need a separate log in and password just for the forum. This makes perfect sense.
However, Single Sign-On (SSO) is complex and sometimes overwhelming. That's where we come in. Ninja Post can help you because we've been there before. We take care of the hard stuff so you can focus on the fun stuff.
How We Help
We solve the SSO puzzle by determining the user's state and then respond accordingly. Various user states are illustrated in the mock-ups below.
When it comes to handling user sessions, every website is unique. Therefore, we developed a checklist to navigate the SSO implementation process. Here are the steps we follow:
- We will examine the way your site handles user accounts and session management.
- We will show you how to determine a user's status when he or she is visiting your forum.
- Ninja Post will recognize and respond appropriately to new and existing users (as shown in the mock-ups above).
- We will help you redirect the user back to the forum after they log into your main site.
- Ninja Post will prompt new users to create a special "handle" or user name, just for the forum.
- On subsequent visits, users will be logged into the forum automatically.
- Ninja Post will clear the session upon log out.
Talk To Us
There is no one-size-fits-all solution to Single Sign-On. But we have enough experience to handle almost any situation. The best way to proceed is to contact us determine the ideal way for us to help you.